Friday, April 3, 2009

Arcadia, Louisiana Book Event

Friday, April 3rd, was a beautiful day for a drive. It took about 1 1/2 hours for me to get to Arcadia, in Bienville Parish, Louisiana. Mama was unable to join me today, so Aunt Sue came along and we had a great time. Thanks, Aunt Sue. Once again we did not have a big crowd, but that was probably due to the fact the local newspaper failed to put an article in the paper about our book event. The library personnel there were very cordial, and made us feel at home. We did sell some books, and on my way home I stopped in Bernice. I had left books there at the Bernice Pharmacy and the nice ladies there had been kind enough to sell them to customers who asked for them. I left more books there today. I'll stay in touch with them as they make more sales for us. Thanks, ladies at the Bernice Pharmacy. Before I got to Bernice I stopped just outside of Dubach to take a picture of the Autrey Dogtrot Log House, the oldest log house in Lincoln Parish. (see picture to the right) I love old houses, but glad I don't live in one like that! I am too spoiled to airconditioning and central heat. Our forefathers would have loved those two conveniences!

No comments: